Kessil A360NE 90 Watt Tuna Blue LED Light FIxture
The Kessil A360N E Narrow Angle Dimmable Aquarium CONTROLLER READY Tuna Blue 90 Watt LED (New E Series) is approximately 25% brighter than the Kessil A360N, but uses the exact same amount of wattage.
The Kessil A360NE takes the A350N one step further. The A360NE is controller ready and designed for use with the Neptune Apex Controller (the Apex Jr. & Apex Lite will require the VDM Module) and the ReefKeeper Controller (with the ALC Module). With the A360NE and a Neptune Apex Controller (with a the Kessil Apex Controller Cable) or a ReefKeeper Controller (with a Kessil ReefKeeper Controller Cable) you can control both the intensity and the color temperature of the Kessil A360NE. This will require two control channels on the Apex. Kessil A360NEs can then be daisy-chained together (with the Kessil Daisy-Chain Cable) and controlled from a single Apex Controller.
Multiple Kessil A360NEs can be controlled with a single Apex Controller—two channels are required for each Kessil controlled. Future versions of the Apex Controller software will add functionality to the Kessil A360NE. An example of this added functionality is a more gradual dimming and color shift.
Even without using the Kessil Spectral Controller or the Apex Controller, the A360NE improves on the A350N. The A360NE is brighter than the A350N. The A350N loses intensity when you turn down the blue or white intensity knobs. The A360NE is 55% brighter when just using either the blue or white LEDs. When all the LEDs are on full the A360NE is 25% brighter than the A350N.
The A360NE still has the two knobs, just like the A350N. But instead of one knob controlling the blue LEDs and the second knob controlling the white LEDs, one knob is used to control overall intensity and the other knob the blue/white LED spectrum mix. You can tune a preferred color within the spectral range thousands of research and testing hours determined to be the optimal spectral points.
The Kessil A360NE Dimmable Tuna Blue 90 Watt LED Light brings out the vivid colors of corals with the specially created spectrums of the A360 E Series. While it is hard to compare the Kessil to 250 Watt metal halide lights, the 90 Watt Kessil has a greater effective light spectrum for corals than a 250 Watt metal halide. This is partly due to the efficient use of electricity with LEDs, partly a function of higher percentage of the light being directed downward and partly because a very high percentage of the light spectrum with the Kessil A360 Dimmable Tuna Blue 90 Watt LED Light is useful to corals.
The Kessil A360NE will result in thriving corals with lower electricity bills, less of a need for a chiller and no bulb replacement costs. The lightweight Kessil light, which weighs just over a pound, can be easily hung above the tank from with the two built in mounting tabs (that can be attached to a chain or other hanging mechanism), or can be clamped to the tank with the Kessil LED Light Pendant Gooseneck Clamp/Mount.
Kessil A360NE Features:
- This Narrow Angle Model will light tanks up to 60" deep and is the best choice for tanks over 36" deep.
- 90 Watts: Effective light greater than a 250 watt metal halide. Note: 90 watts is the maximum output. The output will be less if you turn down the blue or white LEDs.
- Variable Color Temperature: Using the two knobs on the top of the light you can tune the LEDs to your desired color temperature. 10K? 14K? 20K? No problem.
- Advanced Thermal System: Innovative heat management system lets the light run efficiently for a long time.
- LED array specifically designed and tailored for reef aquariums
- Advanced optics effectively direct deep, penetrating light that creates a beautiful shimmer effect. The glitter lines rival metal halide lights
- Weight: 1.2 pounds (the power supply weighs an additional 1.3 pounds). Dimensions: 4" Diameter X 3-13/16" Height (dimensions do not include an additional 1" for the hanging bracket & cord clearance).
- 5'-9" power cord from light to power supply (a 5' cord plus a 9" connector attached to the light). 6' cord from power supply to wall plug.
- Listed Power Supply Input 100-240 VAC 47-63 Hz Output 24 VDC, Maxiumum 1.87A. Could require a plug adapter for non-US sockets.
- You may wish to also purchase a Kessil LED Light Pendant Gooseneck Clamp/Mount and the Kessil LED Light 90 Degree Gooseneck Adapter
- 1-Year Warranty